The Data Analyst will be asked to extract and report information on company income & claim data providing technical expertise and ensuring the quality and accuracy of that data. The Analyst will be asked to present the information in ways to help the company to make business decisions. This position requires the employee to a have a high level of attention to detail and degree of articulation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Above average analytical & communication skills
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Familiar & efficient in MySQL & SQL
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data
- A methodical and logical approach to problem-solving
- The ability to plan, work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Background in insurance is a plus
Qualification & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or CS preferred.
- Previous experience working as an analyst and/or insurance required.
- Must have strong leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills and be able to work in a technical capacity.
- Previous experience overseeing projects preferred.
Language and Mathematical Skills:
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions given from written and oral sources and to write basic correspondence.
- Ability to effectively provide information to management, employees, clients, and the public.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing in English.
- Ability to understand basic mathematical relationships and formulas.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact when dealing with problems.
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for resolution.
- Ability to evaluate information for accuracy and usefulness in solving problems.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations.
- Requires familiarity with computer, fax, copier, scanners, and other basic office equipment.
- Requires working knowledge of both Macintosh & Windows computers and software used by the Company including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Previous experience with insurance related systems including policy management systems preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand.
- This person must be able to use his/her hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and must be able to reach with his/her arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move approximately 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.