The IT Technician will be asked to support and troubleshoot day-to-day technology issues of our employees, including but not limited to desktop applications, custom applications, and computer hardware. This position requires the employee to be knowledgeable of MAC software and hardware.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Above average communication skills
- Respond to hardware and software support issues from employees for Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), Phone/Voicemail, Printers, Mobile devices etc.
- Set up and configure new Mac OS computers
- Install application software
- Set up/remove user accounts on systems (network, email, phone, security, etc.)
- Maintain (patches, updates, and fixes) software used on desktop systems including OS, anti-virus, and malware protection
- Track and update IT inventory
- Perform miscellaneous related duties and other duties as assigned
Qualification & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education and/or Experience:
- Certificate or Diploma from a Technical School plus one year of directly related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively.
- Experience using Apple Mac OS.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with VOIP phone systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on assigned duties.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
Language and Mathematical Skills:
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions given from written and oral sources and to write basic correspondence.
- Ability to effectively provide information to management, employees, clients, and the public.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing in English.
- Ability to understand basic mathematical relationships and formulas.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact when dealing with problems.
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for resolution.
- Ability to evaluate information for accuracy and usefulness in solving problems.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations.
- Requires familiarity with computer, fax, copier, scanners, and other basic office equipment.
- Requires working knowledge of both Macintosh & Windows computers and software used by the Company including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Previous experience with insurance related systems including policy management systems preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand.
- This person must be able to use his/her hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and must be able to reach with his/her arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move approximately 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.